Our Innovative Services and Processes
Professional Fee Based Life Insurance Consulting and Advisory Services
- STAR Ranking SystemTM
- ValMark’s private risk management evaluation data
- Life Assurances 360TM process and blueprints
- Life Settlement AdvocacyTM process
- process and life expectancy analysis and options for life insurance policies that a client no longer needs
- Underwriting AdvocacyTM and the PURETM underwriting process
Recommendations and Analysis for Protection Products
- Life Insurance (Fixed, Variable and Indexed)
- Disability Income Insurance
- Long Term Care and Critical Illness insurance
- Annuity products (Fixed, Variable and Indexed)
- Specialized risk products through Lloyd’s of London
Few people are aware the life insurance they purchased as recently as five years ago might be unnecessarily costly, or lacking critical new benefits, due to the availability of newer generations of insurance policies.
When you purchase life insurance, you may have made certain assumptions about policy charges, interest rates, planned premiums, and other contract features. But life is constantly changing. The original reason for your purchase may still exist, yet your needs may have changed, requiring more or less coverage.
That’s why it’s so important to regularly review all of your personal and business life insurance coverage. A change in your family situation, a new career, the sale of a business, a change in your financial status: any of these events, plus many others, should trigger a re-evaluation. Do the choices you made years ago still make sense today?
Good Financial Group’s Insurance Analysis and Planning is designed to objectively evaluate not only your current life insurance, but also your disability income and long-term care insurance policies. We help determine if your policy, carrier, performance and assumptions are still viable and in line with your goals and expectations.
We can help you discover whether more cost effective or enhanced coverage is available, or if your need for certain coverage is still viable.
A Proactive Approach to Obtaining Favorable Underwriting Offers and Policy Pricing
Few people are aware the single greatest impact on policy pricing is professional management of the medical underwriting process.
Good Financial Group’s Underwriting Advocacy ProcessTM is designed to increase the potential for obtaining favorable underwriting offers and pricing.
We accomplish this through a proprietary informal underwriting process where we complete 90% of the underwriting BEFORE an application is submitted to a life insurance company.
This process enables us to pre-qualify underwriting offers from select core insurance carriers, while protecting your PHI (Personal Health Information) from the MIB (Medical Information Bureau) so your insurability remains unchanged.
As a result, we are able to deliver the very best possible underwriting offers to our clients. Once received, the top offers from various companies are analyzed by our underwriting team. We match the best underwriting results to the appropriate product(s) to arrive at the optimized solution. Together, we strategically discuss all pertinent information so our clients can make the right decision.
At Good Financial Group, we believe an OPTIMAL investment strategy is imperative for any financial plan. Generally, investments such as cash and bonds have relative stability of principal. However, they provide little opportunity for long-term growth due to their susceptibility to interest rate and inflation risk. On the other hand, equity investments potentially yield higher expected returns, but are vulnerable to more severe volatility risk in the markets.
To balance the need for safety and performance, we utilize several proprietary, risk managed investment platforms to bridge the gap between traditional and newer investment strategies. We also utilize a number of traditional professional money management platforms. They allow us to design the best investment policy statement for our clients, and answer questions such as:
- Am I taking too much or too little risk with my investments?
- Are my assets divided into enough different buckets to address different goals and different time horizons?
- Are my investments tax efficient? For the short term and/or long term?
- Are my investment assets being rebalanced so I stay within my risk parameters?
How your customized portfolio is structured depends on a number of variables, including your risk tolerance and time horizon. In this way, we are able to better manage your money with an equal emphasis on risk management and investment performance.
Our unique ARC Process (“Achieving Retirement Clarity”) lays out a clear path for accumulating assets for retirement. It explores three important checkpoints:
- Cash Flow Management: How your financial resources are earned, spent and saved
- Wealth Accumulation: Assesses your current financial position and identifies the most tax efficient path for reaching your retirement goals and other needs such as education funding (Diversification 2.0)
- Income Protection: Identifies solutions to those obstacles that can prevent you from reaching your financial goals – living too long, dying too soon, or becoming disabled
Our unique RISK Process (“Retirement Income Survival Kit”) focuses on the risks all retirees face during the income distribution phase, and it simplifies the complexity of post-retirement planning:
- Illustrates the transition from asset allocation to income allocation of your retirement savings
- Helps to determine a sustainable withdrawal rate from your market based investment accounts
- Shows the impact of why it is important to have guaranteed sources of income during retirement
- Addresses the key risk factors you face during retirement: market sequence of returns, longevity, health, inflation, liquidity, and leaving a legacy to loved ones
The ValMark Policy Management Company offers a turnkey management and monitoring solution for life insurance policies. Active, ongoing policy maintenance helps to assure clients their policy(ies) will perform as designed and continue to meet their needs
How does Policy Management work?
- Set Up & Design - Define policy objectives, establish tracking guidelines, store and update contract information, and perform a market comparison
- Monitor and Manage - Confirm premium payments, create reminder alerts, handle inforce changes, and work with the product carriers directly
- Analyze & Report - Review original and inforce illustrations, compare to guidelines, assess policy performance, and provide annual review report
- Recommend - Identify solutions and opportunities based on objectives and recalibrate policies as needed